Once upon a time...
...an in-house PR manager came out of a meeting with her PR agency. It had been an awkward and frustrating meeting on both sides. Budgets had been badly managed and the promised results were neither evident nor forthcoming.
That night she went home and got out a blank piece of paper and a pen.
And she wrote down the following questions to herself… Wouldn’t it be great if your PR company:
- Worked to your budgets instead of their hourly rates?
- Included the cost of the cuttings service in your fee?
- Included analysis of your competitors in its fee?
- Took work off me rather than giving me extra.
- Invested time in learning about the business.
- Kept coming up with new ideas you can actually use.
- Delivered meaningful reports which demonstrate real ROI.
- Actively looked for ways to save you money.
- Had people who understand what it’s like for the in-house folks.
- Actually asked your opinion of their work.
- Under-promised and over-delivered!
The next day she went into the office and handed in her notice. The following day she set up Midnight Communications. That was seventeen years ago.
Today, the story continues. Midnight offers a PR team that is thorough and professional, and approaches all its activities with honesty, transparency and tenacity.