Midnight was appointed to deliver a comprehensive media relations campaign to increase national and regional awareness of Arundel Castle, enhance the profile of its historical and educational offer and deliver the Castle’s first social media campaign.
The campaign has delivered excellent results for Arundel Castle, significantly raising its presence in the media and, most importantly, ensuring news from the Castle is shared with a broad audience.
Midnight has created a fully supportive press office and developed relationships with key journalists from the national and regional media as well as from target sectors such as travel, historical interest, parenting and education.
A social media campaign was also developed for the Castle, utilising popular platforms Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
- Year on year increase in visitors with a 19% visitor increase for the ‘Castle Siege’ in May 2015 – a rise in visitor numbers which coincided with a ticket price increase.
- Over 200 print items secured in national, regional and specialist media reaching over 16m
- Online pieces were secured on over 330 websites reaching more than 376 million unique users.
- 13 pieces of broadcast coverage secured reaching 75.6 million viewers and listeners via ITV Meridian News, BBC Radio Sussex and BBC Radio 4 Gardeners’ Question Time which was broadcast from the Castle’s Barons’ Hall.
- National coverage has appeared in the Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph, the i, OK! Magazine, Sunday Mirror, London Evening Standard, Metro and Mail on Sunday.
- Over 1,300 Facebook fans, over 1,700 Twitter followers and 30 Pinterest boards achieved.