Socius (Edward Street Quarter)
Midnight was appointed to support Socius' public consultation programme in 2017 with a proactive local PR campaign in support of its planning application for the former AMEX House site on Edward Street.
Midnight has continued to support the developer in the years since with a PR and social media campaign to support its sales and marketing efforts.
Raise awareness of the development plans within identified target audiences including local residents and key stakeholders
Communicate details of the public consultation process, secure positive stories in the regional and property press regarding the development plans
- Raise awareness of the progress of the development including key milestones such as topping out, public artwork unveiled, Show Home design reveal, awards and accolades received
- Manage an ongoing organic social media campaign across Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
PR support for public consultation events
Organisation and management of press briefings and interviews
Media outreach around key initiatives such as environmental aspects, public artwork, topping out etc
Continued communication of opportunities for Socius to participate in or sponsor local events and conferences
Extensive liaison with partners and local stakeholders to organise local events
Local networking and stakeholder management
- Management of local partnerships, including with Brighton Chamber
Brighton & Hove Council granted planning consent for the development in July 2018.
138 items of press coverage in 2021 with a total potential audience reach of 20m+
- Social audience of more than 2,000
- Regular local press coverage in The Argus, Brighton Indy, B&H News, BHEP
- National and trade coverage including Sunday Times and Property Week
- Partnership with Brighton Chamber including several event sponsorships, blogs and behind the scenes tours
“Midnight’s client relationship with Socius speaks for itself; in 2018 they managed one account, in 2019, Midnight managed three Socius accounts.
“The reason why they are so successful? There are three key reasons. Most important, they are personable and fun to work with. Secondly, the team is highly diligent and thinks of all the potential opportunities and challenges that a campaign can bring, no matter how minor the detail.
“Finally they get things done positive action and delivery is often all too rare in this world! The team also knows A LOT of people, which is a pretty useful skill in public relations..!”
Liam Ronan Chlond, Stakeholder External Relations, Socius