Sea Life Brighton.
CIPR PRide Awards 2015:
- SILVER Consumer Relations Campaign
- SILVER Regional Campaign of the Year
Fresh PR Awards 2015
- FINALIST Freshest Consumer Campaign
Midnight was appointed by Brighton Sea Life Centre (SLC) in December 2014 to manage the launch of its new feature, Jurassic Seas, set to open during schools’ half term in February 2015.
The new exhibition would feature state-of-the-art technology bringing three extinct deadly aquatic dinosaurs to life with eight interactive activities. Using cutting edge motion sensor technology, visitors were invited to feed the deadly Plesiosaurus, test the patience of the beastly Liopleurodon and examine the lethal teeth of the mighty Megalodon.
The SLC launch of Jurassic Seas in Brighton, East Sussex, was the first in a series of rollouts in 44 other aquariums owned Merlin Entertainments across the world and therefore a real coup for the region.
This campaign is a great example of PR driving sales. During the four-month campaign, Midnight secured extensive coverage across the UK in print, broadcast and online, organised two successful launch events and achieved a record increase in visitor numbers in a traditionally slow month, February, with a 33% increase on 2013 and 27% up on target.
- Visitor numbers were at a record high during January and February
33% up on 2013 and 27% above target in February.
- A total of 107 items of coverage was achieved, reaching over 62m across broadcast (6%), national (14%), family (19%), regional (46%) and travel trade (15%) press.
- 39 items of print coverage reaching over 1.7m was secured including in national publications The Daily Star and The Metro.
- 62 items of online coverage reaching nearly 42m including in key family websites Family Traveller, Netmums, Independent School Parent and The School Run.
- The large majority of the visitors in March were generated from groups and travel trade.
“We’ve been delighted with the coverage that Midnight has produced for the launch of our world first installation Jurassic Seas.
“The service they have provided has been professional, friendly, and above all, they’ve been fun to work with – whilst delivering results beyond our expectations!”
Marketing Manager at Brighton Sea Life Centre