Midnight was briefed to handle PR on behalf of national charity the Youth Sport Trust and Special Olympics GB, to support the UK launch of its global inclusion campaign Play Unified.
Raise awareness of Play Unified as a means of breaking down barriers for young people with Intellectual (Learning) Disabilities through the power of sport.
Produce a campaign video to engage young people and raise the profile of the programme and its partners
Promote a series of eight regional summits
Deliver social content to generate buzz around the initiative
Deliver consistent regional, broadcast and specialist media coverage
Support the goal of registering 200 schools for the initiative
Results and evaluation
- Trebled the KPIs for regional print and online coverage, achieving 77 items against a target of 25
- Quadrupled specialist education and sports coverage targets
- Achieved 5 items of broadcast coverage
- Reached a potential audience of 9,534,439
- Saw key messages replicated by media 484 times
- Produced 337 mentions for Play Unified, 287 for Special Olympics GB and 123 for Youth Sport Trust.
Midnight commissioned an independent research agency to poll 2,021 UK consumers to measure the impact of the Play Unified campaign video.
- Seven in 10 (71%) agreed it made them think differently about what people with ID can achieve.
- Eight in 10 (78%) said the video made them think differently about the benefits of bringing people with and without ID together.
- Nearly three-quarters of respondents (73%) said after the watching the video it made them want to do something to make society fairer for people with ID.
- Over 500 young people have now joined the campaign as Play Unified Young Leaders, exceeding Play Unified’s two-year target by 20 per cent in just 12 months.