Midnight worked with law firm Thomas Eggar LLP for 13 years, supporting its growth from a small local firm with one office, to one with six offices in the South East which was evaluated against national competitors.
Position Thomas Eggar as a national law firm – help it punch above its weight.
Communicate the firm’s specialisms in five key sectors – Private Client, Sport, Retail, Technology and Construction.
Focus on relevance and quality of coverage
Achieve 30% top tier coverage
Continually find new ways to keep the PR campaign fresh and to maintain its position.
Midnight’s strategic approach was three-pronged:
- National press: Focus on sector expertise with proactive and reactive media comment to the breaking national and business news agenda
- Trade press: Placement in top tier sector media of regular visionary and informative think pieces and ‘talking heads’ videos inspired by shortlisted media themes.
- Regional press: underpin PR strategy with key messaging, news and CSR activity to reach potential clients within the locale of each of the firm’s offices.
In one year, Midnight’s campaign delivered:
- 307 items of coverage – reaching over 1.3 billion
- One-half of coverage – 161 items – national and top tier titles (20% above target)
- 94 opinion-led article placements
- Over 40% increase in national and top tier coverage year-on-year
- Trebled media coverage scores within six months
- Video content placements in top target media
- Through our close and longstanding media contacts the client reaped the benefits of a two-way relationship with the national media.