Midnight was contracted in February 2020 to plan and implement a PR campaign to raise awareness of local app gaming company MAG Interactive within Sussex, improve the company’s local digital footprint and position it as an excellent local employer.
Midnight worked with MAG to create and distribute a series of stories regarding company appointments and news, distributed to both the regional and trade press, to increase the number of stories listed on Google’s news page for MAG.
We also sought out other creative ways to get MAG into relevant titles and as a result, worked with its key spokespeople on a number of comment and article opportunities regarding the company’s culture to position it as a great employer.
We went beyond Sussex and secured several trade and national items of coverage for MAG, supporting its HQ and the overall brand in its mission to raise brand awareness in the UK and increase the quality of talent being recruited.
Over the course of five months, Midnight’s campaign achieved:
- 53 items of coverage - reaching over 11m (more than double the target)
- 51% of coverage included a backlink
- National coverage included a front-page story in Money Week plus two contributions to stories in The Times and Raconteur.
- Regular regional coverage regarding company news, appointments and interviews including The Argus, Sussex Business Times, South East Business, Brighton & Hove Independent, Sussex Newspaper, Wired Sussex and Absolute Magazine.
- Regular trade coverage including Pocket Gamer, MCV Develop, We Are Tech Women, Digital Arts Magazine, Tech Register and GamesIndustryBiz.